Who We Are
The principle purpose of GPWA, Inc. is to provide a forum for German-speaking professional women:
- To assist and support one another professionally for career, education and business development
- To provide opportunities to network and develop business and social relationships
- To encourage exposure to the German culture and language
- To understand and help one another in cross cultural aspects
GPWA Inc. is an organization dedicated to serving the business and cultural interests of German-speaking women in the United States. The association promotes business networking, the development of ideas and the exchange of information among German-speaking professional women.
A Brief History of the German Professional Women’s Association (GPWA Inc.)
Click here to read more.
Our Board Members
Christina Griesser – President
- German-American Citizen
- Studied in the US, Germany and France
- Previous employment included Account Manager for automotive supplier
- Freelance assignments including translations and event planning
- Director for Customer Relations at Deutsche Schule Metro Detroit (DSMD)
- GPWA Founder
Gisela Blevins – Communications Consultant
- German-American citizen living in the US since 1972
- Volunteer Executive Assistant to the German Honorary Consul in Michigan 2012 – 2018
- Previous experience includes 22 years in Public Relations at the German Consulate in Detroit and three years managing a German economic development office
- Freelance translator
- Interests: reading, politics, psychology, people, gardening
- GPWA member since 2000
Danielle Workman – Treasurer
- Michigan native
- exchange student in Germany 1989
- Financial Advisor
- GPWA member since 2009, board member since 2019
Beate Kasi – Web Administrator
- German-American citizen living in Michigan since 1995
- Masters degree in Computer Science
- Software Engineer
- GPWA board member since 2010
Erika Soeding (1941 – 2021)
Erika worked as professional banker in Germany and later on, after emigrating to the USA with her husband, she successfully managed several other careers as relocation specialist, intercultural coach, German Voice-Over commentator and business woman. In addition, she served loyally on our board for more than 20 years as treasurer and PR specialist.
She possessed the most cheerful personality and charisma, emanating personal towards all who were fortunate enough to know her, with boundless energy to spare. Erika never ever gave up, had a kind word for everyone and was always ready to help others selflessly whenever necessary. Her laughter was contagious, her sense of humor indestructible, and her compassion and understanding for other people knew no borders.
To sum it all up: Our Erika is irreplaceable and we will miss her forever.
This post is also available in: German