- What is the principle purpose of the GPWA?
- How much does it cost to become a member?
- Does the GPWA have a mission statement?
- Where is the GPWA located?
- What is included with my membership dues?
- How can I contact the GPWA?
- How can I become a member in the GPWA?
- Can I advertise events via the GPWA?
- How do I advertise services via the GPWA?
- When was the GPWA established?
- Who founded the GPWA?
- Will my personal information be confidential?
- Do you have to be German to be a member in the GPWA?
- Can I bring friends/acquaintances to the meetings?
- Are tip/tax included in the dinner price?
- What happens at the monthly membership meetings?
- Can I attend a meeting as guest/member without registering for it?
What is the principal purpose of the GPWA?
The principle purpose of GPWA is to provide a forum for German-speaking professional women: – To assist and support one another professionally for career, education and business development – To provide opportunities to network and develop business and social relationships – To encourage exposure to the German culture and language – To understand and help one another in cross-cultural aspects.
Does the GPWA have a mission statement?
Yes, it does. The GPWA is an organization dedicated to serving the business and cultural interests of German-speaking women in the United States. The Association promotes business networking, the development of ideas and the exchange of information among German-speaking professional women.
Where is the GPWA located?
The GPWA’s monthly meeting place is Marriott Hotel Southfield, 27033 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI 48034, Tel. 248-356-7400 (Website) Postal address for the GPWA: GPWA, Inc. P.O. Box 476, Lake Orion, MI 48361-0476
What is included with my membership dues?
Your membership provides you with a monthly newsletter, invitations to monthly meetings for social gatherings and professional presentations, the opportunity to advertise your services or products on our website and at events, invitations to other events by international organizations, information about job openings and plenty of networking opportunities.
How can I become a member in the GPWA?
How do I advertise services via the GPWA?
The opportunity to advertise your services on our website is a membership perk and included in your yearly dues. You can also display fliers and brochures at our meetings and special events.
When was the GPWA established?
The GPWA started as an idea to bring German-speaking professional women together in a social setting. The original name of this organization was “Der Deutsche Professional Stammtisch”. Due to its rapidly growing popularity and the increasing number of participants, Christina Griesser decided in 2002 to officially register the organization. The name, GPWA – German Professional Women’s Association, was chosen by the members during one of the many brainstorming session that lead to the formation of the GPWA.
Will my personal information be confidential?
What happens at the monthly membership meetings?
The meetings provide an opportunity for networking and social interacting. Meetings start at 6:00 pm and usually end around 10 pm. A dinner buffet is available around 7:00 pm. At most meetings, a speaker will present a topic of general interest.
Can I attend a meeting as a guest/member without registering for it?
This post is also available in: German