A ZOOM Link was provided to all members by email.
Carlotta Gmachl is the Business Development and Trade Manager for the Detroit Regional Partnership. In this role, Gmachl assists domestic and global businesses as they explore, locate, and grow in the Detroit Region. Within this role, Gmachl has focused on the Research, Engineering, and Design cluster and has established a wide network of stakeholders in and outside of the Detroit Region. Being native Austrian has also allowed Gmachl to laser focus on the DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) region resulting in numerous projects and relationships over the past years, In addition to her Business Attraction efforts, Gmachl leads the Detroit Regional Partnership’s Trade program, where she brings awareness to local businesses on the opportunities and gains of trade and export. Prior to her role at the Partnership, Gmachl was a Program Coordinator at the Detroit Regional Chamber.
PAST EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Program Coordinator, Business Development and MICHauto, Detroit Regional Chamber
- European Affairs Intern, United States Chamber of Commerce, Washington D.C.
- German Desk Intern, AHK German Industry & Commerce Greater China, Beijing
- Intern Chamber Affairs, AHK German Chamber of Commerce North China, Beijing
- Language Experience:German (Native) / English (Fluent) / Chinese (Intermediate)
- Master’s degree in Business Admini-stration, Central Michigan University – College of Business Administration, expected to graduate in October 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, American University – School of International Service
- 2020 International Economic Development Gold Award for RED Talent Cluster (Innovative Programs Population > 500,000)
- Committee Member, Michigan Automotive & Mobility UX Group
- Engaged with the German and Austrian community in SE Michigan
This post is also available in: German